Brighton is an exciting city with a rich history, and it's no surprise that it's the perfect place to celebrate the coronation of a King. From its stunning coastline to its lively cultural scene, Brighton has something for everyone. Here are 6 must-see things to do in Brighton during the coronation celebrations:
1. Visit the Jubilee Square: Watch the coronation on the big screen, which will be set-up with a covered area to ensure that the space can be used for any weather. There will be food and drink stalls available as well as space for picnics.
2. Visit the Royal Pavilion: This impressive palace was built in the early 19th century for the Prince Regent, who later became King George IV. There will be a walkthrough display celebrating the ascension of King George and portraits of King Charles on the day.
3. Take a tour of the seafront: Walk alongside the seafront and keep an eye out for any one of the 31 street parties being held across the city. There can be no coronation without music, so without further ado The Music for Youth King’s Coronation Celebration will be staging school bands who will perform at the renowned Bandstand. Not to be outshone, OhSo Social will also be holding a beach party with music.
4. Explore the Lanes: These narrow streets are full of quirky shops, cafes, and restaurants. You'll find everything from antique shops to trendy boutiques, making it a great place to shop and explore during the Coronation whilst stopping off for an Afternoon Tea.
5. Visit the i360: This 162-meter tower is the tallest observation tower in the UK outside of London. You can take a ride to the top and enjoy stunning views of the city and the sea, whilst enjoying a Coronation Cream Tea.
6. Top of the deck views: Hop on board of the Brighton Regency Routemaster bus tour during the King's Coronation and explore the city in style.
These are just a few of the many must-see things to do in Brighton during the coronation celebrations. Whether you're interested in history, culture, or just having fun, there's something for everyone in this vibrant city.